Sunday, December 26, 2010

What Religion Taught Me...and What Atheism Made Me Realize...

Religion taught methat the Bible is the word of God.
Atheism made me realizethat the Bible is the word of ancient scribes who knew nothing of a man named Jesus.

Religion taught methat I am a born sinner in need of salvation.
Atheism made me realizethat I am basically a good person, but certainly not perfect.

Religion taught methat God answers prayers.
Atheism made me realizethat “hoping” is just as effective.

Religion taught meto have faith.
Atheism made me realizeknowledge is better.

Religion taught methat God created man from dirt.
Atheism made me realizethat man evolved from lower life forms over billions of years.

Religion taught methat I have an eternal soul.
Atheism made me realizethat my brain is the basis of my consciousness.

Religion taught meto fear hell.
Atheism made me realizehell is just a scare tactic created by early church leaders.

Religion taught methat it is wrong to miss church on Sundays.
Atheism made me realizeit’s okay to sleep in and watch football on Sundays!

Religion taught meto turn the other cheek.
Atheism made me realizepeople need to be held accountable for their actions.

Religion taught methat the earth is between 6-10 thousand years old.
Atheism made me realizethe earth is over 4.5 billion years old.

Religion taught meto love and worship God above all else.
Atheism made me realizeit is a waste of time to love and worship something that doesn’t exist.

Religion taught methat I am nothing without God
Atheism made me realizethat I am nothing without my family and friends

No comments:

Post a Comment